Brew Fest
News Tips
  
22
A clothes dryer left on and unattended damaged a home on Woodrow Road in Batavia this morning.
Batavia Firemen raced out to the Boyce residence at 34 Woodrow when a passerby noticed smoke streaming from a second floor window.
The only occupant was the family’s pet dog.
 
Fire Department Captain Mark Mikolajczyk describes what happened:
"There was very minimal fire  damage, it was mostly contained to the dryer and did not spready out into other rooms. There was alot of smoke on the second and first floors.
We were able to rescue the dog. It was hiding in a corner. We picked him up and brought him outside."

The city's animal control officer took the dog to the animal shelter to be re-united with its owner. 

Actions: E-mail | Comments (0) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

KenBarrett
Tipline
Sterling Tents
AFC
  |  Login