posted on June 05, 2013 11:49
Press release from GCC:
Genesee Community College is pleased to award President's Scholarships to some of the best and brightest graduating high school seniors in the Genesee-Livingston-Orleans-Wyoming (GLOW) region. These fourteen students are eligible to receive full tuition scholarships to GCC for up to two academic years.
The students named President's Scholarship Recipients for the 2013-14 academic year are:
• Alexander Central School: Rebecca Bykowski, Alexander Uptegrove
• Attica High School: Mallori Andrews, Thomas Beglinger, Haley Piontkowski, Chase Seiferth
• Batavia High School: Lee Johnson, Rebecca Meloon, Rebecca Woodruff
• Elba Central School: Jennifer Hochmuth, Ryan Vlack
• Oakfield-Alabama Central School: Kerry Mills, Alyse Shamp
• Pioneer Senior High School: Rebecca Zielinski
GCC awards President's Scholarships to applicants who have an overall unweighted high school academic average of 90 or higher or are ranked in the top 10% of their graduating class. Students who received President's Scholarships must maintain a 3.0 grade point average at GCC.
President's Scholarships are funded by generous contributions to the Genesee Community College Foundation by individuals and businesses committed to excellence in education. It is the hope of the Foundation that scholarship recipients will remain committed to their quest for excellence during their college years and beyond, striving for the betterment of businesses and communities within the GLOW region.