posted on September 26, 2013 11:57
A natural gas leak has evacuated both buildings in the Byron Bergen School District.
The odor was noticed around 9:30 this morning.
The elementary building was cleared first and then the junior-senior high was evacuated.
One the buildings were clear, school officials decided to cancel classes for the day.
Elementary students were taken to the Bergen Fire Hall where parents can sign them out.
Junior Senior High School students were led to the track where they can be picked up.
Students that can not be signed out will be bused home at their regular time.
Tonight’s Open House at Byron-Bergen Elementary has been cancelled.