posted on December 07, 2013 09:51
Albion Police announced that they have made four arrests in connection to a series of burglaries that date back as far as last summer.
Police claim that there were 32 burglaries in total: 20 in Albion, five in Medina, four in Oakfield, and three in Lockport.
21-year-old Jonathan Banks of Medina, 20-year-old Isaiah Bonk of Medina, 36-year-old Thomas Shingleton of Medina and 20-year-old Albion resident Jasper Lloyd are all facing charges.
According to police, a break came in the case the night before Thanksgiving when officers captured one of the suspects after a foot chase in Medina.
Police also say that the four men worked together, and took an estimated total of $20,000 in cash and electronics. There was also a $20,000 cost to taxpayers in officer overtime.
Jonathan K. Banks, 21, Medina
• Faces 10 counts of second-degree burglary, one count of attempted burglary and attempted robbery in the second degree, six counts of grand larceny, seven counts of petit larceny, three counts of attempted petit larceny, and four counts of fourth-degree criminal mischief.
• Banks was involved in a high-profile crime in May when he took a 12-year-old girl from Albion to Buffalo overnight. The girl was subject to a missing persons report. He was charged with endangering the welfare of a child.
• Banks is being held in Niagara County Jail on $160,000 bail
Isaiah D. Bonk, 20, Medina
• Faces nine counts of second-degree burglary, one count of attempted burglary in the second-degree, six counts of fourth-degree grand larceny, seven counts of petit larceny, three counts of attempted petit larceny, and four counts of criminal mischief in the fourth degree.
• Bonk is being held in Orleans County Jail on $50,000 bail.
Jasper D. Lloyd, 20, Albion
• Faces two counts of second-degree burglary, two counts of fourth-degree grand larceny, two counts of grand larceny and one count of criminal mischief in the fourth degree.
• Lloyd is in Orleans County Jail on $50,000 bail.
Thomas J. Shingleton, 36, Medina
• Faces one count of attempted burglary in the second degree and one count of attempted petit larceny.
• Shingleton is being held in Orleans County Jail on $20,000 bail.
The four men will be prosecuted in Genesee, Niagara and Orleans Counties.