News Tips
  
25

Two devastating fires in Wyoming County Monday.

The first in Arcade killed two dogs and completely destroyed a home.

More than half-a-dozen fire companies were at the scene on Clark Road for five hours.

Authorities say it was caused by a wood-burning stove. The fire caused over $200,000 in damage. The house was a total loss.

The Red Cross is assisting the family, who was not home at the time of the fire.

The other happened at a repair shop in the Town of Sheldon.

Authorities say an employee was grinding a piece of metal which threw sparks on the floor, cuasing some waste oil to ignite. The fire spread quickly throughout the business and caused $250,000 in damage.

Fire officials say high winds, snow and cold temperatures hampered the firefighting effort.

Actions: E-mail | Comments (0) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

  |  Login