Brew Fest
News Tips
  
31

Seven dogs and four puppies perish in a fire in Wyoming County this weekend.

County officials say fire broke out in the garage at the home of Jeffrey Durfee on Hollow Road in the Town of Orangeville.

Half a dozen fire companies responded for three hours. There were no reported injuries.

Officials say the fire caused $65,000 in damage. The garage was a total loss and a nearby house sustained heat damage to the siding. A motorcycle and tractor were also total losses.

Fire officials say it was caused by a trouble light that was being used as a heat lamp. They say bedding used to house the 11 dogs caught fire and spread.

Actions: E-mail | Comments (0) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

KenBarrett
Tipline
Sterling Tents
AFC
  |  Login