News Tips
  
13

A pair of burning oven mitts are to blame for a fire that partially destroyed an East Pembroke home this afternoon.

No one was injured in the blaze on East Angling Road. According to a County Sheriff’s report, Sarah Norway was working in her kitchen when she accidentally ignited a pair of oven mitts on her stove. Sarah threw the mitts out the back door; then about an hour later, she noticed smoke and flames coming from the back porch area, and quickly got out along with her husband Daniel Norway, and the family dog.

Deputies believe the oven mitts started the blaze.

Two housecats were killed in the fire, and a third one suffered severe smoke inhalation and was coated with frozen water when it was found. The cat was taken to the County Animal Hospital.

The fire was declared out just before 1:00pm. Six departments assisted in battling the blaze.

Actions: E-mail | Comments (0) RSS comment feed | Bookmark and Share

Comments

There are currently no comments, be the first to post one.

Post Comment

Name (required)

Email (required)

Enter the code shown above:

Register  |  Login